The GP Surgery holds a contract to provide medical care to 3 Nursing homes within Greater Glasgow & Clyde
These homes are:
- Ashgill Care Home, 33 Liddesdale Square, Glasgow G22 7BU
- Golfhill Care Home, 35 Hanson St, Glasgow G31 2HG
- Mossvale Care Home, 151 Mossvale Rd, Glasgow G33 5PT
The Homes will have Patients living there with a number of significant health needs including a Physical health needs and also Dementia care.
Evidence shows that Patients in Care Homes have higher medical needs than other Patients for medical cover because their medical needs are complex and changeable. They are also usually unable to attend the GP Surgery requiring visits to the Care Home, frequent and multiple prescribing interventions, and they have a higher than average use of Out of Hours Services.
By providing care to our Nursing home residents we aim to maintain and enhance the quality of health care for the residents in association with our pharmacy and Nursing colleagues. Thus offering consistency, efficiency and a higher quality of service.
Our aim is to also reduce unnecessary admissions to Acute Hospitals and the inappropriate use of Out of Hours services and care for Patients in their familiar Home environment where ever possible.
The Practice currently provide additional care services for Patients which is referred to as Intermediate care for North Glasgow.
This includes 2 different types of Patient groups:
- Patients who are discharged from Hospital for a period of assessment and rehabilitation before returning to their Homes or an alternative care environment
- Patients who are admitted to Intermediate care to avoid Hospital admission by their GP for a periods of assessment, rehabilitation and support
The Intermediate care unit is based in Dennistoun House which is a unit forming part of Golfhill care Home in Dennistoun
Dr Georgina Brown is the Lead GP in the Surgery for both Nursing Home and Intermediate Care Services and will most often be found visiting the care homes and liaising with associated services for these patients on a daily basis.